Signalling was practically non-existent, despite the fact that each station had its own entrance discs. Only in Gerona was there a luminous interlocking to control the entry and exit of trains.
Kilometric signalling was with stone milestones 20 cm wide, and hectometric signalling was only 15 cm wide. The numbers were twice as large on the kilometre markers.
In March 1915 a report was produced that gave reasons for the signalling with advanced discs to give entrance/exit to the stations so that there would be no problems of movement given the continual increases in the circulation of freight trains.
Initially it was assumed that the braking of the trains with the two wagons and the locomotive would be sufficient without the need to enter the counter-steam system, but the continual increase in the number of tonnes transported made it advisable to use remote signalling methods so that the trains could slow down or stop.
The signals, of the mobile disc type, would be incorporated at a minimum distance of 300 metres from the entry and exit points of the stations in Gerona, La Creueta, Quart, Cassà de la Selva, Llagostera, Font Picant, Santa Cristina, Castell d'Aro and Sant Feliu de Guíxols, as shown in the table below.
|of the tournouts||of the advanced discs|
|Cassà de la Selva||13,352||13,478||13,052||13,778|
|Sant Feliu de Guíxols||38,969||"||38,439||"|
The signals were of the moving disc type, moved from the station by pulleys. The 30 mm diameter tube supported a 5 mm thick, 760 mm diameter pallastrail plate, with a circular opening with glass for illumination by a lantern. The control levers had a counterweight for better movement and a safety ratchet for the forced position.
All of this can seen in the original document produced in 1915.
This project was never completed, although the main reason was the transport of small speed (goods), which continued to increase in the number of tonnes transported from that year until the end of the 1930s, when it began to decline.